Who uses the Prepare-Enrich Parenting Programme?
The Parenting Version of Prepare-Enrich was introduced in 2015, and we envisage it being used primarily by:
- Parenting practitioners
- Existing Prepare-Enrich couple facilitators who are extending their role into parenting
The Parenting Version of Prepare-Enrich is designed to guide couples through the challenges and emotions of parenting through insight into their parenting style, family dynamics and couple relationship. The Parenting Version is most suitable for a committed couple whose primary concerns are children and parenting issues.
Goals of the Parenting Version
- Explore strengths and growth areas as partners and parents
- Strengthen communication between parents and children
- Identify and manage parenting stress
- Discuss parenting styles and how parents work together as a team
- Resolve couple and parenting issues
- Increase parenting confidence and satisfaction
How can I become a facilitator?
To be able to use Prepare-Enrich inventories, you need to attend a training workshop. These are arranged in various parts of the country, often in response to demand. For latest courses see here.
A typical facilitator training course is usually run in one day, or occasionally over a number of evenings. Using lectures and work in small groups, it prepares a facilitator to use the inventories and to deliver effective feedback to couples.
If you are trained in the use of the Couple Inventory, and want to use the Parenting or Fostering/Adoption options, do let us know and this can be switched on, and we’ll send you support information.
For more detail read on.
For training courses please see here.