Who uses the Prepare Enrich programme?
Anyone who wishes to help couples to improve their relationship can benefit from using these thoroughly researched and demonstrably effective inventories.
Successful facilitators include:-
- Church leaders and marriage support workers.
- Members of marriage preparation teams.
- Social and Health workers.
- Couple and Family Counsellors, Therapists and Mediators.
How will it help me?
The Prepare Enrich assessment offers a research-based structure for working with couples, to help you to help them grow in their relationship.
The introduction to the UK in 2010 of the online Customized Version offers a range of inventories which is both broader and more specific than ever before. It can help you cater for couples seeking marriage counselling, marriage enrichment, and dating couples considering engagement as well as those wanting marriage preparation.
Based on a couple's assessment report, feedback sessions with a facilitator help the couple discuss and understand their relationship as they are taught proven couple skills.
The programme helps couples:
- Explore strength and growth areas
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict
- Develop a more balanced relationship
- Explore family of origin issues
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
Can I use it with groups?
If you are working with groups of couples, the Growing Together course provides an alternative feedback structure for you to use.
Is the programme backed up by research?
A number of studies have been carried out into the effectiveness of the Prepare/Enrich programmes. See the research area of this site for more information.